The 2014 New Orleans Triathlon and Big Easy Sprint are fast approaching. We welcome you to New Orleans and look forward to producing two amazing races and giving you a great triathlon experience! Keep current on updates regarding the races at www.neworleanstriathlon.com.
RACE TIME & SCHEDULE CHANGES
Because of daylight savings time, the start of the New Orleans Triathlon has been moved to 7:15 a.m. We have adjusted the race schedule below to reflect the changes to the Sunday schedule.
Athlete briefings on Saturday will be held at South Shore Harbor at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. The Pro briefing will be at 4:00 p.m.
Online registration for the New Orleans Triathlon and the Big Easy Sprint Triathlon will be available until 10:00 a.m. March 28, 2014.
New Orleans Triathlon – Register Here:
Big Easy Sprint Triathlon – Register Here:
Race weekend registration is available only on Saturday, March 29, 2014 at South Shore Harbor.
New Orleans Triathlon race weekend registration is $125.00 for individuals and $210 for relays.
Big Easy Sprint Triathlon race weekend registration is $120 for individuals and $160.00 for relays.
2014 HY-VEE 5150 US CHAMPIONSHIP
The New Orleans Triathlon will again serve as a qualifying race for the 2013 Hy-Vee 5150 US Championship race on August 31, 2014. The top fifteen in each division, including relays, will qualify for the Championship race with the top five earning a free entry. Within a week, qualifiers will receive an email with information about the 2014 race and registering for the event.
- Your packet includes a TriTat, a tattoo of your race number. Instructions are included. Calf body marking will occur race morning outside of the transition area.
- Your timing chip is in your race packet. It should be secured to your ankle prior to the race using the strap provided to you at packet pickup. It should be worn during the entire race. It will be collected from you in the finish line chute.
- Should you decide to quit the race at any time during the event it in imperative that you notify race personnel at once so that staff can be notified.
- RELAYS: The biker and runner should wait by the numbered bike rack for their relay swimmer to return to the bike. When the swimmer returns, the timing chip is transferred to the biker, at which time the biker can unrack their bike and proceed to the bike course. When the biker returns, he/she racks the bike then transfers the timing chip to the runner. The runner should pick up medals for each member of the relay team upon crossing the finish line. Bikers must walk or run their bike through transition and only mount their bike once they pass the mount line outside of transition.
- Race photographs will be available at www.finisherpix.com after the race.
- New Orleans Triathlon – The top three in each division will win an award which will be given out at the awards ceremony.
- Big Easy Sprint – The top three in each division will win an award which will be given out at the awards ceremony.
- Each member of a relay team who places will receive an award.
- If you are attending the awards ceremony and hear the name of a friend, please pick up their award for them.
- Any awards not picked up can be obtained from the Premier Event Management office. Please call 504-454-6561 or email Kristina at Kristina@pem-la.com.
AGE GROUP ELITE
If you wish to race in the Age Group Elite wave in the New Orleans Triathlon, please submit to Susan@pem-la.com results showing a sub 2:15 Olympic distance finish for men and a sub 2:30 Olympic distance finish for women.
We look forward to seeing you race weekend!