- “5150 Qualifying” means qualification to the 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship held in Des Moines, Iowa on NULL
- “Races” means 5150 branded and licensed events worldwide that are authorized by the World Triathlon Corporation.
- “Qualifying Period” means the period between August 8, 2014 and August 11, 2014.
- “5150 Pro Rankings” (5150 PR) means the ranking system to determine pro athlete eligibility for a slot to compete at the 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.
- Beginning with the Galveston 5150 Triathlon on September 22, 2014, professional athletes earn points for the 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship qualifying correlating to their finish position.
- The top 25 male and top 25 female pros in the 5150 PR at the end of Qualifying Period will qualify to race in the 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.
5150 PR scoring
- An athlete’s three highest scoring Races will count toward their 5150 PR.
- Athletes may accumulate points from any 5150 events, worldwide during the qualifying period.
- Athletes finishing the 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship will be awarded points that are retained and carried forward to the [next-year] qualifying period and can be included as one of the athlete’s scoring races in the following year’s scoring.
- All points scored in the 2014 qualifying period may not carry forward to the following qualifying year.
- The top 20 male and top 20 female pros in the 5150 PR as of (TBA) (TBA Qualifiers) will be qualified to race in the 2012 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.
- These (TBA) Qualifiers are assured of a slot provided they enter the event according to registration procedures. Any slots not claimed will roll down to next highest qualifier.
- Ties resulting in more than 20 male or 20 female July Qualifiers will be broken by the Tiebreakers.
- The next highest scoring 5 male and 5 female pros in the 5150 PR, not including the July Qualifiers, as of August 8, 2014 will claim the remaining 10 qualifying slots to race in the 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.
- No more than 5 male and 5 female pros may be August Qualifiers.
- Ties resulting in more than 5 male or 3 female August Qualifiers will be broken by the Tiebreakers.
Ties will be broken as follows:
- 1st Tiebreaker – The athlete’s highest scoring race
- 2nd Tiebreaker – The athlete’s second highest scoring race
- 3rd Tiebreaker – The athlete’s third highest scoring race
- In the event that two or more athletes remain tied after the 3rd tiebreaker, all tied athletes will qualify.
Final Entry & Roll-Down
- The final 5150 PR will be published as soon as possible after the last Race of the Qualifying Period (Nautica New York City Triathlon) but not later than August 11th.
- Qualified athletes will have until [hyvee-deadline] to complete required registration for the 2014 Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship. A roll-down will be held for any unclaimed slots with entries rolling down to the next highest ranked athlete.
Automatic/ Invitation Qualifiers
- Hy-Vee and WTC retain the right to invite a limited number of athletes to compete in the Hy-Vee 5150 U.S. Championship.